Kerbside Recycling Services - East Gippsland
The kerbside collection of recycled items is provided to residential properties in most major townships within the East Gippsland Shire. Lime green-lidded household recycling bins with a capacity of 240L are supplied to all households within the defined service area.
The recycling bins can accept plastics coded 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, steel and aluminium cans, paper, cardboard, glass jars and bottles. If you are unsure if an item can be placed in your recycle bin please contact Council or refer to the information below.
What CAN I put in my Kerbside Recycling bin?
- Paper and cardboard
- Telephone books
- Milk and juice cartons
- Glass bottles and jars – unbroken
- Steel cans, aluminium cans, and clean foil
- Plastic containers numbered 1 to 7
What CAN'T I put in my Kerbside Recycling Bin?
- Plastic bags
- Polystyrene cups or meat trays (numbers 6 and 7)
- Waxed cardboard
- Broken glass/crockery/pyrex/mirrors
- Motor oil or Fuel
- Green waste
- Hazardous waste, including paint tins
- Food waste
- Household Appliances eg toasters, DVD players
- Scrap metal and /or steel
- Household furniture and mattresses
- Home improvement items eg sinks, fittings, hot water systems
- Carpet / Linoleum
- Fencing material
- Medical waste / syringes